I used to be skeptical about dental treats and chews. I didn’t understand how simply chewing on a treat could protect my dog’s teeth from disease. With a bit of research, I now know that buying these treats will help my dogs to prevent oral pain, tooth loss, and even bad breath!
In this article, we’ll be reviewing the best dog teeth cleaning treats to help you choose the right treat for your pooch!
1. Strawfield Pets Dog Teeth Cleaning Treats
The first choice on our best dog teeth cleaning treats list, Vets highly recommend Strawfield Treats because of how they fight tartar build-up. The treats are made from Glucose Oxidase (Aspergillus niger) and Lactoperoxidase (Dried Whey Protein Concentrate). The ingredients work together to create the perfect breath freshener. The days of turning away from your pup when they want to kiss you are over.
Buying these treats won’t be a waste of money because your dogs will enjoy them. As dog owners, we can be wary of introducing new food because we don’t know how the dog will react. They might completely turn away or only eat a few treats. Luckily for you, these treats are chicken flavored, and they’re likely to be a hit with your dogs.
Unlike other dog cleaning products, Strawfield Treats aims to fix the problem, and not just cover it up. Some treats only act as breath mints that cover your dog’s breath. On the other hand, these treats will fix the problem and improve your dog’s dental hygiene.
- Dimensions: 12.28 x 8.86 x 2.44 inches
- Weight: 11.68 Ounces
- Flavor: Chicken
- Grain-Free: Yes
- Gluten-Free: Yes
- Prevents Plaque
- Abrasive enough to fight plaque, but still sensitive enough not to harm your pet
- Saves you the labor of buying toothbrushes and trying to calm your dog for long enough to actually use them
- Chicken flavored, so they’re easy to sneak into food, and they’re just as delicious on their own
- No artificial additives, no sugar, no salt, and gluten-free
- Effective treatment for bad breath
- Removes tartar
- Proven to maintain healthy gums and prevent tooth loss
- Only suitable for dogs that weigh less than 25lbs
- Wouldn’t recommend the treats for dogs that don’t enjoy rawhide
2. Pets Health Solution Dog Teeth Cleaning Treats
Pets Health Solution is a leading pet supplement provider that’s well-known for its doggy dental products. Apart from the dog teeth cleaning treats, it also makes joint strength tablets and Omega vitamins. This product is made from top-tier ingredients such as Vitamin C, cranberries, grapefruit extract, and CoQ10.
Like Strawfield’s dog cleaning treats, these treats address the problem instead of covering it up. The chews are more than just breath fresheners; they also improve gum health. In most cases, your puppy’s bad breath is caused by gum issues, and covering them up will only lead to worse oral health.
These dog treats address the root of the problem and provide a long-term solution for your beloved pup.
The pet supplements work as both prevention and cure. They prevent plaque and tartar build-up, and they treat swollen or inflamed gums. If you’ve noticed that your dog’s gums are red or swollen, this is the ideal product for you.
- Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 5 inches
- Weight: 3 Ounces
- Flavor: Fruit
- Supplements: Vitamins A-E, essential minerals, L-cysteine, fennel, CoQ10, astaxanthin.
- Eliminates bad breath
- Eliminates plaque build-up
- Boosts your dog’s immune system
- Acts as prevention and cure
- Stops bacteria from sticking to your dog’s teeth
- Improves bone and gum health
- Risk-free purchase because it’s backed by a guarantee
- Not made with organic ingredients
- Contains grain and gluten, which might build up in your dog’s stomach
3. My Lucky Pets Dog Teeth Cleaning Treats
My Lucky Pets dental chews will improve your dog’s oral hygiene and prevent more serious problems from arising. Dental care is necessary because bad dental hygiene is linked to more severe health matters, such as heart and liver disease.
Allowing bacteria to grow in your dog’s mouth means it can be easily transferred to the rest of its body. Buying these dental chews gives your dog a fighting chance.
Fennel is one of the treats’ main ingredients, and it improves your dog’s tooth health. Fennel is an aromatic plant that is well-known for its antioxidant benefits. It’s part of the carrot family, and is guaranteed to improve your dog’s overall health. The dental chews go a step further than improving your dog’s oral health.
The chews are an effective and easy way of taking care of your dog’s teeth. You don’t have to chase your dog around anymore for a tooth cleaning. You can simply slip one tablet in with their food, and your job is done.
- Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 5 inches
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Flavor: Cranberry
- Improves your dog’s oral health and prevents future problems
- Supports the digestive system
- Improves bone health
- Antioxidants improve your dog’s cardiovascular system
- Giving it to your dog is easy
- Fixes gum problems
- Prevents bad breath
- Fixes tooth issues
- Has a lot of artificial chemicals
4. Chippin Dog Treats
Chippin is a woman-owned small business that produces organic products that your pet will surely love. The dog treats are made from high-quality products that go easy on your dog’s digestive system. The dental chews are peanut butter, cricket, and pumpkin flavor.
Apart from providing dental care, the treats are great for training dogs. They taste and smell amazing, so your dog will see them as a great reward. The treats are both soft and crunchy, so you can easily break them down and use them as a reward after your dog does a good job.
Because they’re naturally healthy, the chews are great for sensitive stomachs. Unlike other treats on this list, they don’t have artificial chemicals that might make your dog sick. The company is open about the ingredients they use, making it easier for you to find the ideal snack for your dog.
The treats are low-calorie, so they’re ranked as a Superfood.
- Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Flavor: Peanut butter, cricket, and pumpkin
- Gluten: No
- Soy: No
- A verified user says that her rescue, who has a sensitive stomach, loves the all-natural treats
- They smell amazing and have a luring scent for dogs
- Low-calories so they won’t make your dog gain weight
- Improve oral and gut health
- Easy way to support women-led small businesses
- You can use them for training your dog
- The treats are sustainably made
- The treats don’t have as many oral health benefits as other products in this guide
5. Checkups Dental Dog Treats
The final product on our best dog teeth cleaning treats list, the Checkups is the only brand in our review that makes dental chews specifically for big dogs. The treats are made for dogs that weigh 20 pounds and more.
This sets it apart from brands like Strawfield, which only make treats for small to medium-sized dogs. These are the ideal treats if you have a big dog or a growing puppy.
You’re guaranteed that you’re buying a quality product because the treats are certified by the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC). Also, they’ve been clinically tested and proven to reduce plaque by 25% and lower tartar buildup by 64%. If you’re looking for a product that has received the seal of approval from vets, this is your best option.
The dental treats may not be completely organic like the Chippin Dog Treats, but they don’t contain wheat, soy, gluten, or corn. You can safely feed them to your pup if they’re allergic to any of those ingredients. Also, the lack of wheat and gluten means that they won’t irritate sensitive stomachs.
- Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 3 inches
- Weight: 3 Pounds
- Number per packet: 48
- Item Form: Treats
- Freshen breath
- Reduce plaque by 25%
- Reduce tartar buildup by 64%
- A verified Amazon customer has used them for 7 years and their dogs have never required dental work
- A great alternative to using toothbrushes or chewing bones
- You’ll notice a difference in three days
- Can turn grey/brown teeth back into pearly whites
- They’re not 100% organic
- Some customers have complained about the high cost compared to other stores
Taking care of your dog’s dental health is one of the most important parts of being a pet owner. Good dental care prevents tooth loss, swollen gums, and bad breath. It makes playing with your dog more pleasurable, and it reduces their oral pain.
Fortunately, great oral health isn’t complex anymore. You can use any of the dental chews on our best dog teeth cleaning treats list to improve your pet’s oral health.